Friday, August 17, 2012

Wake up Dead, Left Hand Brewing Company


Man, it’s been a while.  I must have gotten distracted.  Damn ADHD!  I can’t help it, the doctor said it’s real.  Speaking of it’s, I recently sent a message to a friend and typed it’s when I meant to type its.  Texting can be a pain, especially when driving.  One summer, I was away from my car for over a month and when I came back to it, driving felt really weird.  I bet that’s how someone from several centuries ago would feel if you brought them to our time and drove them around in a car.  That seem like a silly thing to do though.  “We’ve finally mastered time travel!  Now to go ride in a car!”  I wonder how long it’ll take for cars to become obsolete.  What am I doing here?  Oh yeah, a post on ADHD.

ADHD
No worries on copyright here,
our tax dollars paid for this!


Well, not really.  I’m supposed to be here for beer.  How can I stay on one beer for a whole post?  I have ADHD.  That means I have no control over my focusing capabilities!  If only I could find a beer as multidirectional as my totally not made-up affliction...  I’ve got it!  Wake up Dead, by Left Hand Brewing!
Left Hand Wake up Dead
The bottle kind of looks like it has tiny horns

The head has a whipped cream feel that triggers thoughts of pumpkin pie.  It’s accompanied by an aroma full of dark fruit and chocolate.  The carbonation seems rather low, providing a smooth quality that helps the beer go down.  It has a sharp bite, but there’s also a markedly sweet malt character.  This complexity probably comes from the diverse grain bill of seven different malts.  You have to be pretty confident to toss in that many types because you run the risk of producing a beer that’s too busy.  Wake Up Dead keeps it pretty well under control, but you do feel a little scatterbrained when you drink it.  “What’s that over there?  And this over here?  And something around that area?”  Setting out to identify each individual flavor and how it blends into the whole would make a great work out for your mind.  Move over puzzles, we’re gonna combat Alzheimer's with Imperial Stout!

Moral of the story, ADHD will save you from Alzheimer's. Or maybe this beer will. Either way I'm in the clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment